USING AN LED MATRIX MAX7219
Components Used For Sound controlled LED:
- 1 x Arduino Uno ( You can use other boards also )
- 10 x Jumper Wires M-F
- LED matrix MAX7219
This project we will make a system where an LED matrix is used to describe many numbers or alphabets by making the combinations of the LED’s on the matrix. This matrix is generally used in order to display many things.
- This is a basic program to use LED matrix.
- The size of any kind of the matrix can vary from display to display but the working concepts remain the same.
Min Required – 30 mins
Lines of Code
- Take Breadboard
- Take sound sensor which has 5 pins that are VCC, GND, DIN, CS, CLK(clock) with these names written beside the respective pins.
- Now connect the VCC to the 5V power supply pin in the arduino board and GND to GND(ground) pin using F-M juper wires.
- Connect the CLK (the clock cycle) to pin number 13 in the arduino board.
- Then connect DIN(DataIN) to pin 11 and CS(load ) in pin 10 respectively.(It can change as per your need and program code)
- Use F-M jumper wires for each and every type of connections here.
- Connect Arduino to your Laptop/PC by USB Cable.
- Open Arduino IDE ( You can download it from here)
- Open a new file and copy the code given above.
- Check program, save it and then upload it.
- After uploading the code, you will be able to see a number 1 printed in the matrix of 8×8.